Best Slow Cookers to Buy Under $100 – Top 5
Below you are going to find 5 of the best slow cookers to buy under $100 which have been selected taking into account their ratings, their features and their main benefits.
If you don’t want to spend a small fortune or are unsure as to which slow cooker to buy, have a look at the five choices below to discover which model adapts more to your needs.
The oval shape of this slow cooker is ideal to cook foods such as small chickens or bread. It is also big enough to cook tasty recipes for more than six people.
It comes with a digital timer and it is very simple to use. It is designed very neatly and the stylish insert can be used to serve food on the table.
When using this cooker, you can set the timer for your recipe and choose the temperature from high to low. Once the food is cooked, you can change the mode of the cooker to warm, which keeps the food ready to eat.
Another great benefit is that is very easy to clean. The insert and the lid are suitable for the dishwasher or if you want to be done quick just use soap and water.
The stoneware is microwave as well as oven safe.
It is also ideal to carry with you because is equipped with two locks on either side of the lid which seals the pot tightly.
Chose between two colors: silver or red.
| Crock-Pot SCCPVL610-S Programmable Cook and Carry Oval, 6-Quart
1. Oversized handles
1. Easy to prepare food for more than six people.
2. Can directly be used to serve the food and avoid the extra work of transferring food to other utensils before serving.
3. The two locks of the lid make it easy to carry anywhere.
4. It keeps the food warm and avoids the hassle of heating food again and again.
5. It makes easier to note the cooking time with the digital timer.
Popularity: This cooker is most popular with families, as it has good capacity and double lock option on the lid, which makes it easy to carry anywhere. It has also won the wired magazine award for editor’s choice.
This cooker is the perfect example of convenient cooking. With this device, you will find more cooking options to program and is really convenient for certain recipes. By program, I mean setting options like, cooking time, heat setting, desired temperature and actual temperature. You can also select manual or probe as per your choice. It also provides a thermometer to check the temperature of the food at anytime. Hence in this cooker, you can set everything and forget as the name describes. It also automatically changes the mode to warm after the food the ready!
| Hamilton Beach 33969A Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quart
1. Tight lid with two clips
1. Do not have to keep checking the food.
2. Insert is microwave, dishwasher and oven safe.
3. Can check the temperature of the food anytime using the food thermometer.
4. More options available for easy cooking.
5. Automatically warms the food after completely cooked.
Popularity: It is more popular among busy people, as it prepares food quickly with more options for cooking your food and less work to do.
3. Cuisinart PSC-350 3-1/2-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker
This oval shaped cooker has only three and a half quart sized capacity and is ideal for small families or occasional cooking. It can also be used to prepare deserts. It is very easy to use as it has a very simple program to operate. The touch pad digital timer will let you set the cooker on low, high or simmer which is very convenient. After the food is cooked, it automatically sets the cooker to warm temperature and turns off after few hours. It contains a dishwasher safe ceramic pot.
| Cuisinart PSC-350 3-1/2-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker
1. Digital timer
1. Digital timer makes it easy to set or check the time.
2. In case you forget to turn off the cooker, don’t worry because it automatically turns off.
3. Additional simmer option is available to set the cooker on lower temperature.
4. The touch pad is very easy and convenient to use.
5. Comes with a 3 year warranty.
Popularity: It is more popular among single citizens and small families.
This cooker’s shape is oblong and the control panel can be used to adjust between five temperatures. The dish is versatile and can be used on stove, microwave, and oven and stored in the freezer. It can be converted to griddle to fry items, using an additional tray, which comes along with the cooker. Using this griddle you can fry items to golden brown. The size of this cooker is perfect for preparing food for 4-5 people, ideal for a family lunch or dinner.
| West Bend 84905 5-Quart Oblong-Shaped Slow Cooker
1. Five adjustable temperatures
1. Food can be cooked as desired with these five temperature options.
2. You are able to brown meat on it.
3. The additional tray comes in handy as it can be used as a mini griddle.
4. The pot is dishwasher, stovetop and freezer safe.
5. Lightweight and easy to manage.
Popularity: It is mostly popular because of its multi purpose usage and capability of converting into griddle.
5. Hamilton Beach 33461 Stay or Go Portable Slow Cooker (6-Quart)
This cooker is also oblong shaped and has almost a capacity of six quart. It has a very unique single lock on the lid which can be used to tightly seal the cooker and avoid any spilling while travelling. It is ideally made for outings, which makes it very comfortable to carry without creating any mess. It has a simple knob with options to set temperature to high, low or warm and an amazing feature of holding the lid high in one place once opened, which is also detachable for cleaning. There are also two handles attached to either side of the cooker to easily carry it.
| Hamilton Beach 33461 Stay or Go 6-Quart Portable Slow Cooker
1. Unique single lock
1. Using this cooker you can pack food for the whole family and travel without worrying.
2. The tight seal avoid any spilling of food while travelling.
3. You don’t have to worry about placing the lid while serving, because it holds the lid for you.
4. Folding handles for easier storage.
Popularity: These are popular with larger families and for family outings, to carry food for more than five people and not worry about a thing.
Not sure if this selection of the best slow cookers to buy under $100 is for you? For more options check the article top slow cookers under $200 which are more versatile and come with more features.