Hamilton Beach 3 in 1 Slow Cooker Review 2016, Benefits & Cons
If you have to chose one device that creates a delicious easy meal with little preparation look no further than a slow cooker.
When most people think of slow cookers, they typically think of a large meal that is prepared for many people.
With this in mind, those who may cook for a small group or just a couple of people tend to rely on other devices to prepare their meals.
However, Hamilton Beach has created one that can be versatile for even small groups of people. With the three in one slow cooker fans are now able to change the amounts of food that they cook simply by changing the size of the inserts that come with this model.
What’s Good About It?
Quick Links to Info on this Page
The Hamilton beach 3 in 1 offers a stainless steel electric base and three cooking vessels to choose from; 2 quart, 4 quart and 6 quart.
It also includes one convenient lid that fits all three cooking vessels, meaning you will not need to keep up with multiple lids for this device.
The vessels, as well as the lid, are all dishwasher safe and they nest inside one another, so that storage is simple and compact.
When using this device, you will no longer need to worry about preparing too much food for the amount of people that are coming to dinner and you can even prepare a small appetizer just for a couple of people.
| Hamilton Beach 33135 3-in-1 Slow Cooker with 2-, 4-, and 6-Quart Crocks, Stainless Steel
3 Useful tips about this model:
The settings on this 3 pot slow cooker are very easy to use and come with three various settings; high, low, and keep warm. You can also set the size that you are using so that the heat will adjust to that size accordingly.
When you use the keep warm setting you will easily be able to keep the food warm while your guests and family enjoy the food that is inside. The other settings, high and low, work similarly to how they would work with other models, but the degree of heat adjusts depending upon the size of the vessel that is on top.
Dimensions: 17 x 16 x 14.4 inches
Weight: 21 pounds
Color: Silver and black
- Universal Lid
- 3 interchangeable stoneware cooking vessels; 2 quart, 4 quart and 6 quart
- Vessels nest inside each other for easy storage
Hamilton Beach 3 in 1 Slow Cooker Review, Pros & Cons
What Are the Pros?
- One of the biggest benefits of the three in one slow cooker by Hamilton Beach is that you are able to choose from a variety of sizes all with one device and that the lid will fit the 3 sizes perfectly.
- This makes this particular cooker perfect for cooking an intimate meal for two or a large meal for a group. With larger devices you will find that it is nearly impossible to cook small amounts of food.
- Likewise, if you choose to make a large meal for a small group of people you are then forced to make a choice between throwing out food, finding a way to reuse it or save it for a later time. By choosing the three in one option you will not need to worry with this situation because you will always have the right amount of food prepared depending on the size of the party that will be enjoying it.
- Another great benefit is that the vessels stack inside each other which will save in storage space. The vessels are easily removable and are dishwasher safe. You can easily move them directly from the cooker to the table without needing to transfer the food to another serving dish.
- You can also put the vessels in the microwave or the oven without damaging them.
What Are The Cons?
- One downside that few have found is that it does not last as long as some other models. This is perhaps due to the mechanics that it takes to heat the different size vessels correctly.
- You should also keep in mind that this model does not work as other styles in that it is not insulated while cooking. This means that the heating element is exposed while the food is cooking and you must protect young children and yourself from it and be careful not to touch the heating element.
- If you are looking for a slow cooker to take away in you car possible this is not the model for you because the lid will not stay in place as it will with other models. Instead have a look at this 5 quart programmable Stay or Go cooker.
- If you prefer a programmable version this is not available in this style. This device is intended for a simple setting process of high or low and will only be turned off or keep the warm setting if the switch is physically changed.
- The lid is not suitable for microwave or oven due to the metal rim.
Thanks to its interchangeable vessels is a great option when cooking for small groups of people as well as larger ones.
It is designed quite differently than others but you will soon learn how to use it. If you rather have a cooker featuring a simple knob over a programmable touchpad this model might be what you are looking for. Many of those who have used it have been excited about the unique capabilities that it has to offer to the slow cooking world.