Hamilton Beach 33967 Review 2016, What’s Good About It?
This set ‘n forget 6-quart programmable slow cooker offers a flexible and easy way of preparing a fantastic homemade meal.
Even if you find your power has been interrupted, your meal will not be disrupted due to this issue because it offers a power interrupt protection mode.
It is completely portable and you can easily program it so that your meal is always ready when you are.
It even offers a few accessories that many have found to be beneficial, such as a clip on spoon, a clip type lid in order to prevent spills, and a thermometer that is built in so you can make sure your meat is cooked properly.
By choosing this model, you will be able to enjoy a restaurant quality meal straight from your own kitchen with little prep and effort.
You will also find that there are multiple modes to make it even more convenient, as well as a variety of other capabilities for easy automatic cooking.
Below, you will be able to learn more about this specific style and will see how it compares to one of the other similar models.
| Hamilton Beach 33967A Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quart
What’s great about this model?
Top Benefits And Tips
Quick Links to Info on this Page
- This cooker comes with a variety of useful features which are typically found in models that are twice the cost.
- One of the biggest benefits is that it offers a built-in temperature probe that helps prepare meat to the proper temperature. It also offers a programmable timer as well as a keep-warm setting so that the food will stay warm even after time has expired.
- It has a 6 quart capacity and can easily accommodate roasts around 4 pounds or chickens around 6 pounds.
- The device is also very stylish and will look great in your kitchen.
- It comes equipped with a sturdy stainless steel base that makes it durable and long lasting. Experts and consumers alike recommend it due to its ease of use and functionality.
- To avoid cracks appearing in the stoneware don’t place any frozen food on it or put a hot crock in cold water.
- If you want to reheat the remaining food you can place the vessel on the oven or microwave but always take the lid off. Also don’t use it on stovetop.
- The closing clips are only meant to be used for transportation or storage and no when cooking food.
- If you notice a smell the first time you use your cooker it comes from the heating element and will most probably decrease within the first use.
This model offers three modes for cooking your meal. If you plan to be away from home when the food has completed cooking you can use the program mode. This allows you to choose the heat setting of either high or low and set the timer for a certain period of time. After the time has expired, it will automatically switch to the warm mode.
The probe mode is great for cooking larger cuts of meat because the temperature probe will allow you the benefit of knowing exactly when the meat has been cooked to the right temperature. There is even a handy guide provided for the probe mode.
If you are looking to keep things simpler, you can choose the manual mode. This mode functions as a traditional slow cooker where you select between high and low settings without a timer in place.
Dimensions: 18.5 x 11.5 x 9.5 inches
Weight: 15 pounds
– Lockable lid with spoon rest
– Stoneware Crock
– Attached thermometer probe
What Are the Pros and Cons?
- One of the biggest benefits of this model is its auto warming feature. With this feature you are able to set the programmable timer and not have the need to worry about the slow cooker turning off if you are running late because it will automatically switch to the warm setting after the time has expired.
- Another great benefit is the locking lid that includes a spoon rest. With this feature you can easily transport your cooker to a family gathering and will not need to worry with keeping up with a spoon to stir and serve your dish. The temperature probe is also a big benefit.
- Other benefits that you will find with this device is that it doesn’t over cook food, the meat is always tender and is easy to carry and clean.
- One complaint that some have seen with this model is that it can be difficult to program at times if you’re unfamiliar with using the device.
- The low setting also takes a bit longer to prepare the food than some other models.
- It is also fairly large, which may make it more difficult to clean in a sink.
- The biggest complain I have found with this model is that the cooker would sometimes switch itself completely off for no apparent reason. If this happens to your cooker it might be faulty and you have the option to return it and ask for an exchange or a refund.
Overall, the majority of the Hamilton beach 33967 reviews are positive and comes recommended by most who have tried it out.
To avoid as much as possible issues when using your slow cooker please always read and follow the manufacturer’s instructions. For a manual regarding this model click here.
Hamilton Beach 33967 vs 33969
There are some people who wonder about the difference between Hamilton beach 33967 and 33969 but the truth is that these two models are quite similar with only a few discrepancies.
The 33969 is a newer model of the 33967 and they are priced similarly. They both offer three modes for cooking and are easy to transport. They also protect against brief power interruptions by providing a protection feature if your power happens to go off during the day for a brief amount of time.
One of the biggest differences between these two models is the ease in which the 33969 can be carried. It offers handles that are easy to grip which makes easier to carry heavy items that may be in the slow cooker.
One benefit that the 33967 has over 33969 is that it comes with the function for a spoon to snap into the handle. However, the handle on the 33969 may be easier to remove when you’re ready to serve your food.
This Hamilton model is easy to use and offers a variety of capabilities that will be attractive to most fans of slow cookers. The three modes that are offered make it easy to prepare a meal in a variety of settings and time constraints.
The stoneware crock insert and the lid are both dishwasher safe, which makes cleaning up a breeze. You will need to allow the base to cool before wiping it down with a damp cloth but it is simple to clean up as well. With this device you will be able to enjoy a slow cooked meal with all the capabilities of a high-end model at a fraction of the cost.
For more choices read about other Hamilton Beach reviews.