Ninja Slow Cooker Review 2016, Is It Worth It?
This 3 in 1 cooker appears to be an exciting kitchen appliance that has the ability to revolutionize the way people cook.
Using unique technology it strives to make preparing your food as fast and simple as possible.
The three in one cooking system will perform three separate functions; slow cooker, stovetop, and oven.
This device promises to take the difficulty out of cooking and so create a fabulous meal without a lot of preparation work.
Good to Know
Quick Links to Info on this Page
This cooking system has been designed using Triple Fusion Heat, which means that the food is surrounded by the heat and is able to cook faster and remain flavorful.
With the three in one function there is a multitude of options that you can use this device for when you’re preparing your meals.
The cooking space itself can accommodate a 6 pound chicken or 4 pound roast and has been designed so that cooking will be 30% faster and contain 30% less fat than conventional ovens.
Be aware that no all models come with a recipe book, but there is a special cookbook available to buy for those who want specific ideas on things that they can make on their cookers.
People get confused about the difference between the several models on the Ninja range but they are really the same. The only difference is that the accessories that come with the devices vary slightly depending on the model number.
The accessories included in all of the models are the cooking base, multi-purpose baking pan and roasting rack. Then, depending on the model number, you can get silicone mitts, mini muffin tray, silicon trivet, and a travel tote-bag or recipe book. All of the models have a one year warranty.
The models are MC700, MC701, MC702, MC702Q, MC703 and MC703CO.
| Ninja 3-in-1 Cooking System (MC702)
3 of the best things about the Ninja cooking system:
What Are the Settings?
The ninja 3 in 1 cooking system has three separate settings. The first of those is the oven setting. This function operates with steam infuse roasting and baking technologies and can easily handle intricate recipes that you may normally have difficulty cooking baking. It offers a digital temperature control and a timer that can be set up to six hours.
The final function is the slow cooker which functions as a normal one would. The device also offers a roasting pan that can easily be removed by using the easy grip handles that have been attached.
Most of the Ninja slow cooker reviews I have read have been positive but in order to avoid issues you must follow the manufacturer instructions correctly. If you are in need of a manual for this specific model click here.
Essential to Know Features
Dimensions: 16.13 x 19.38 x 10.5 inches
Weight: 14 pounds
– Cooking Base
– Six quart non-stick cooking pot
– Roasting lid
– Roasting rack
– Multi-purpose pan
Ninja Slow Cooker Review, Pros & Cons
What are the Pros?
There are many reasons why this model is a fantastic option to add to your kitchen.
- For example, unlike traditional slow cookers, you can add food that is completely frozen. It is also possible to make pasta with this device and a complete meal such as spaghetti meatballs can be made in less than 30 minutes.
- This multi-functional cooker also can replace your oven, stovetop, and slow cooker, which is great for people who have limited space. It is programmable and a timer can be set so that the food is always ready when your family is ready to eat.
- It offers a healthier cooking option due to its steaming capability. You will now be able to choose healthier meals without needing to sacrifice taste.
- Also with the added baking feature, you will have the benefit of cooking special treats like cakes, muffins and even bread that will come out moist and flavorsome.
- Some of these baking recipes can be difficult because of their unique baking requirements and the Ninja takes much of the guesswork out of this process.
- It makes possible to reduce gravy and sauces in the same pot which saves cooking and washing time and it is also shatterproof.
- Above all, the biggest benefit of the ninja 3 in 1 cooker is that it will save space and cleanup. Now you will be able to cook an entire meal in one pot without the need for multiple cooking dishes.
- The cooking area has been made with non-stick aluminium-cast which makes it really easy to clean up after you have used the device. They are also removable from the base so that you can easily clean them in the sink.
What About the Cons?
- One of the downsides of this crock pot is that it may seem to take a bit longer to cook a meal than it would by using a traditional stovetop. For example, it may be faster to cook a pot of spaghetti and meatballs on a traditional stovetop rather than using this device.
- Some consumers found that the settings are fairly sensitive, meaning that simple movements can alter the settings on the cooker. However, if you are able to set the device in a location where will not be disturbed this should not be an issue.
- You should also keep in mind that this kitchen device was not intended to be something that you leave unattended for an extended period of time. Unlike other slow cookers, you should be present while you’re using it so that you can adjust the settings as needed.
- In some reviews buyers have found that the temperature settings are not as accurate as they would be in a real stove. You may want to keep in mind that it will take some time to adjust to the differences in the cooking schedule.
- Other disadvantages that users have found is that some parts, like the lid, are not suitable for dishwasher, there is no buzzer to alert when the food is ready, the lid is not made of glass so you can’t see the food cooking and you must be careful when handling the device as it gets quite hot.
- It is also a good idea to purchase a cookbook along with the device so that you are able to determine the correct cooking times and temperatures for your favorite dishes because some have found this to be difficult without specific instructions.
The Ninja has a lot of potential to be a fantastic item for your kitchen. It can function as an oven with temperatures ranging from 250° to 425°; as a stovetop, with high, medium, and low settings; and as a slow cooker, with low, high, and buffet settings.
When you are reviewing your options, this is definitely one that you should consider before you make your final decision. Although there may be a bit of a learning curve when using it, many people have fallen in love with it and use it on a regular basis to prepare healthy and flavorsome meals. If you want to read other Ninja slow cooker reviews click here.